Sunday 31 July 2011

Give it a Puch

This morning I took the Puch up to a quiet road to test it out. It goes very well. I had to tweak the rear wheel, the front derailleur and lift the saddle slightly but it feels really stable and fast. The gearing is going to take a little getting used to with only 10 gears which are higher than the mountain bike, but it has a fairly usable range. I only realised today that by putting the smaller 700c wheels on it the gearing would have changed. The brakes are pretty awful but my Dad reckons a set of double pull calipers would make them much better and I think the new brake blocks need to bed in properly. It's probably the most uncool bike of all time but I like it so far.

Haven't done much else really, made a nice batch of chilli and put some aside for work, watched the latest Torchwood episode and played some Dragon Age. Just got to a huge new area so I stopped as I didn't want to start things and then turn it off.

I woke up with a pain in my foot which has been getting steadily worse, very annoying. It's done this before but not in the same spot. It's so bad now I've retired early to bed with the DS.

No comments: