Friday 29 July 2011

Weird dreams

Well, I've had some fucked-up dreams recently. Two nights in a row I distinctly remembering smashing up my phone, once intentionally, once by accident. Hope it's not an omen - I really like the Galaxy S. I need to treat it to an updated ROM though, the one on it isn't factory and has a couple of bugs.

Then I had a dream where someone was coming at me to attack me. I had my camera in my hand and holding it by the lense, I smacked him across the face. He went down, but the camera broke apart and inside it was all flesh and blood. Disturbing. You could probably read a lot into that, but let's not. I mean I love the Nikon but not like that, haha.

Today wasn't bad, job count sensible, backups running, and it was generally OK.

In the evening had a proper look at the Puch (Pook? Poosh?). It's actually purple and gold, very classy and retro. I think it looks fantastic as I've always liked the look of racers even if I've never really owned one, just something about the shape of the frame and the skinny tyres.

It's only got 10 gears but has Shimano Positron shifters which is apparently one of the first attempts to make indexed ones, so that's interesting. Perhaps most intriguingly, the brakes appear to have plenty of adjustment, meaning I could perhaps replace the nearly obsolete 27" wheels with the slightly smaller modern 700c wheels to allow a much wider range of tyres to fit. It also it looks like there's enough clearance to put some slightly more chunky tyres to make it a bit more versatile - cyclocross ones would be ideal. Anyway, taking it to my Dad's tomorrow to check it out properly and hopefully get it rideable again.

Then went to the pub and had a nice long chat with Andy, Rob and Em although Em went a bit early due to tiredness, but it was nice to hang out. It's good that it's become a regular thing as it's so nice to hang out as a group and brings the work week to a nice close.

Picked up a couple more games for the DSi. The first Trauma Center as I thought it would be easier on the bigger XL screens and the second Professor Layton game since I enjoyed the first one so much. Just need to find the time to play them though since I've still got Dragon Age to get through.

Tired now. It's been a long but good day overall.

No comments: