Monday 4 July 2011

Good weekend and car

Saturday was fairly quiet but in the evening went out with everyone for a meal to celebrate Andy basically getting the best mark possible in his degree, a huge achievement. We went to a place called the Groes outside Conwy which I hadn't been to before. It was really good, very nice place with good food.

Sunday morning, Rob, Em and I went for a bike ride along a public footpath type thing which was really good. It was odd because it gave me a new view of the valley and it was so peaceful and quiet. The bike held up well although I need to tweak the handlebars a little. It's heavy to lift over stiles too.

Work was OK today. Well, no, it wasn't, but I'm trying not to let things to to me or I'll just make myself miserable. It was supposed to be D&D tonight but it was cancelled, boo.

Got new car. Peugeot 306 1.9 normally aspirated diesel from a guy in work. I was expecting to hate it after the relative luxury of the Focus but it's actually really nice to drive. The brakes are probably the weirdest thing but otherwise it's fine. The Focus is on Ebay with 6 people watching it. I like diesels, I've always preferred the way they drive, but I can never quite define why.

I booked a flight to Gibralter to hang out with Simon on the 18th July. It's the only chance I'll get before he comes back so to hell with it. My Dad has said he'll run me to the airport, which is really nice of him. Flight was only £86, not bad at all given it's only two weeks off as well.

Servos are really cool and I've discovered now you can get a USB controller that will run 6-8 of them at once from a PC. Amazing but I haven't a clue what I could do with such a thing.

No comments: