Tuesday 5 July 2011

Flustered day

This morning had a hospital appointment for my eyes after my eye test last October. The new optician I went to was concerned about my binocular vision issues and a touch of cateract. The people I saw at the hospital agreed that I am catastrophically short sighted and my eyes do have trouble working together, but because I've been dealing with it my whole life, it's not an issue. They also told me not to buy a 3DS and were astonished that I was able to see Avatar in 3D, but thinking about it, I did have to concentrate to see the effect. So, fuck 3D in all it's forms. The cataract has been there all my life and isn't an issue either unless it gets bigger and blocks my vision. So all in all a bit pointless.

Since they didn't end up giving me eye drops I was able to head back into work and get some more stuff done.

I took the dog for a walk in the evening which almost looked like we were going to get very wet but fortunately the rain held off. Then had a nasty incident - I was driving up the track and saw two things in one of the ruts, but realised too late they were baby birds. One was crushed utterly by the car, but the other was still fluttering around. This was bad enough, but I was shocked to see yet another one that had been squashed but had been there a while, probably since this morning.

Not sure what to do, I put the one that was still alive in a box and took it up to the house and then Google told me that's the last thing you should do. It seemed OK and lively so after it had shat twice in the box I put it back where I found it, and it seemed happy enough and started tweeting loudly and I could hear other birds tweeting like it. Then on the way back up to the house another slightly bigger one fluttered out in front of the car, causing an emergency stop. I chased it off the track and it fluttered into a tree.

Feel really guilty about the squashed ones, it's so rare to encounter anything on the track I tend to drive it in autopilot.

No comments: