Saturday 27 August 2011

Circulation...dropping

The Alienware M17x R2 isn't the most practical 'laptop' to use in bed. The battery life is rather crap and it's so heavy that you risk cutting the blood supply to your legs. It's an epic machine though. I have no complaints at all. It has the best screen I have ever seen on anything.

I should have just got one of these instead of faffing about with Acers and suchlike for so long that were never quite right. The M11x is brilliant too, and it's nice that the two share the same design. Perhaps I should find the medium sized M15x to round out the set, or perhaps not given the cost of these things. I can only imagine what the new M18x must be like, absolutely monstrous since in photos it makes the M17x look small.

Mind you I can see why people call Alienwares obnoxious and tasteless but I think with the lights switched off they look pretty decent, although a backlit keyboard is surprisingly useful.

I forgot it was a bank holiday weekend until yesterday afternoon which was nice.

Gym this morning, then I need to find some primer for the bike frame and clean it up ready for painting. No idea for the rest of the weekend.

Started watching DS9 from the beginning since I haven't seen it in YEARS and the DVDs are so cheap now. I know the first couple of seasons were a bit shaky but it got a lot better later on.

No comments: