Monday 29 August 2011

Phone reborn

Spent the day at my Dad's just hanging out and watching the Tour of Spain cycling which was quite interesting as it was a time trial stage.

Finally got sick of the stupid non-standard firmware on the Galaxy S that had some really stupid quirks. I wiped it in favour of Darky's ROM 10.2, which is also non-standard but a lot better. It's based on Gingerbread. It definitely feels faster and the Gingerbread keyboard is a LOT better than the Samsung one. I was able to use an app to dump my text messages to an XML file on the SD card and then restore them when the upgrade was complete.

The bike frame seems to have dried nicely. Will perhaps put the black coat on tomorrow. I just hope the four swallows that are still living in there don't crap on it. The stupid things get all hysterical and flutter about when I go in there to check.

I for one welcome our robot unicorn overlords. The singularity approaches.

Work tomorrow, boo.

No comments: