Friday 2 December 2011

Random

Not much going on today and yesterday although putting up decorations in an office is logistically more challenging than I thought. Not that I got involved other than grumbling bitterly about people climbing around me and nearly having a stilleto heel through my docked laptop.

I randomly found the video for the Steps cover of Tragedy by the Bee Gees. What an abomination. Oddly I had no idea it was a cover until today, but it's an atrocity and the video is disturbing. The way they sing is ghastly, all huge mouths gaping wide with puffed up lips and frightening teeth as they over enunciate wildly. It's like they're in the uncanny valley...but they're real. The original Bee Gees song is actually quite tolerable although that falsetto is something else, and the lyrics are dark for such a poppy song. This cover is probably even more of a travesty than the Steps one but it suits my musical taste so I quite like it: Celldweller.

Glad it's the weekend. Work has been OK, the backup system has been manageable. Rugby and food tomorrow, then a relaxing Sunday I hope. Need to get going on Saints Row 3 again, haven't touched it since Sunday or so.

No comments: