Friday 27 January 2012

Circling the pit

The week has progressed as expected. Other than left over snot I feel better now, other than being digustingly obese and horrible. God knows what I weigh now, I haven't yet had the courage to stand on the scales.

Financial situation the best it's been for years, however I had some bad news about the car that could cause problems. The garage reckons that the knocking and banging from the rear could be a seized rear axle, which means replacement. They said it would be a huge job and difficult to find one that's not also knackered and given the car is basically a shed it's just not worth it. They're looking at it properly on Tuesday and then I'll know. If it needs an axle, it's going on Ebay and I'll get something else. After all the 306 was only ever meant to be a cheap stopgap while I got the finances sorted out and it's done that. I hate cars so much.

Hacked off with work, still expected to do two people's jobs and I'm too nice to tell them to fuck off although I think my patience is wearing thin. I've had no training at all since March 2008, and not more than a single day off (sickness doesn't count) since July due to the fragility of the backup system I'm supporting. Got annoyed when I was remote controlled onto a woman's computer, and as I was fixing the problem, she said 'I'd hate your job'. But she way she said it came across so badly, it was as if she was criticising my choice of job and had sheer contempt that anyone would be interested in working with computers.

I've got pain in my fingers, particularly my index ones, which I think is from typing. I've scrounged an ergonomic keyboard in work and have been using that but I don't think it's helping, although it's quite old and worn. I need to do something as it's getting annoying and further typing can't be helping. I normaly prefer laptop keyboards but the work ones aren't good and even the nice Alienware ones at home aren't ideal although a bit better.

I really need a holiday.

No comments: