Sunday 1 January 2012

Hello 2012

Last night was brilliant. Rob and Em's house was stuffed with people, the usual crowd enhanced by a sizable continent from the south, so it was really heaving. Lots of great food, drink, conversation, cigars and general hilarity. Unfortunately in nearly all the pictures of me I look like I'm having a go at basically everyone, which I suppose I was, but in jest. Fun.

Also a rather alarming picture of Andy and I posing next to a very pregnant Jane and the three of us looking worryingly similar. Definitely need to start going to the gym. I didn't intend to drink much and only had a standard sized bottle of WKD but then the shots of chilli and raspberry vodka, blueberry gin and lime and strawberry vodka jelly started flying around. Steve and I were crashing at Andy's and we headed off at about 2am.

Left Andy's at about midday and came home, feeling a little fragile but mostly tired, and spent the rest of the day chilling out in front of a few DVDs. Hunger didn't really return until the evening when I dug out some leftover chilli from the freezer and had that...mmmm.

Not sure what to do tomorrow, we were hoping to do some D&D stuff but Rob has family stuff with his brother. If the weather is nice, might look into taking the bike out somewhere and going for a ride or something. It's the last day of the holidays so I don't want to just piss it away. We'll see.

Listed the Apple Newton 120 I picked up in December on Ebay. It was sold as untested but I put some batteries in it and it fired right up, and has lasted a good few weeks. It's pretty interesting to play around with what is the iPads very distant ancestor. But I don't have a use for it, and now that I've tested it I'll hopefully get some more cash back than I paid for it.

Still enjoying the 3DS although for now I've given up on the 3D. My eyes have to be in the right mood for it which doesn't seem to happen a lot, so I save it for when it's needed. Certain moments in Mario 3D are easier with it on. The extra power and higher resolution are quite noticable, should be interesting to see what they come up with for the platform.

My weight today: 15 stone dead on, or 210lbs or 95kg.

No comments: