Monday 30 January 2012

Flambled

Saturday started out with posting some stuff in Denbigh and getting stuff to make soup with but then turned into a random movie marathon which was background noise to fooling about with laptops. Weird.

Sunday morning was a Saints Row 3 fest with Rob on Xbox, which was really good fun. My character works well as a zombie superhero with his eyes gouged out, but I had to change the dialogue back to normal English since all the cut-scenes being played as 'Blarrgh-blargh-BLARRRRGH-BlarGH' became rapidly annoying and meant you had no idea what was going on. After that I decided to have a quick play on Mass Effect, starting a new character and having a quick play through the first part. But as these things go, the quick play left me suddenly realising five hours had passed. Argh. Ah well. Good fun though, the Mass Effect universe is so well designed and involving and I think the first game has a certain element of exploration and freedom that didn't make it into the second game where the plot is more well established.

Today was D&D and it was great fun to get going again, but I did pretty badly, managing to roll a 1 twice in a row, which was embarrassing and did quite a lot of damage to myself. Fortunately we rallied around and got the encounter done, which was interesting with a whole new kind of enemy.

Car is going into the garage tomorrow to have the washer pump sorted and the rear axle examined, which will determine if I keep or replace it.

No comments: