Wednesday 24 October 2012

Absolute total cobblers

Not much to report today except spending much of the day in a bleh mood.

The Galaxy Note has been treated to a silicone case and a 32gb memory card, because both were startlingly cheap. I don't normally like cases but since the Note is big and a bit slippery I thought one would be an idea. It does make the thing a little bigger but grippier, and also means the camera lense isn't flush with the case.

The Astra went in today for an oil change and to get the creaking suspension and handbrake checked out. They said the suspension bushes seem to be rubbing but there isn't anything actually amiss. The handbrake has been adjusted and cleaned so it hopefully won't stick on when it gets cold like my old Focus used to, which was infuriating. I realised on the way home that I miscalculated so it had the oil change 500 miles early but it can't hurt. 10w40 semi-synthetic.

Against everything I've ever been told, I watched Red Dwarf Back to Earth. What a total load of cobblers. I honestly went into it thinking that after all the anti-hype it might have at least some OK moments but no. The whole concept was utterly ridiculous and it just wasn't funny in the slightest. The only redeeming thing was the nice CGI shots that showed the scale of Red Dwarf itself, but even that isn't really in keeping with the show.

Fortunately the two episodes I've seen of Red Dwarf X are infinitely better. Looking forward to when the DVD is available.

I think I like Skrillex's music, which bothers me. I somehow feel at a fundamental level that it's too young for me.

Headspace not quite right at the moment.

No comments: