Wednesday 31 October 2012

Bad day helped by ludicrous burger

Not a great day in work. Forced to move desks pointlessly. All I'm going to say is there's lies, damn lies and statistics. Fuck's sake it's hard sometimes. Also root access to Unix servers tends to be restricted to a limited group of people for a fucking reason.

Went to Wetherspoons for lunch with a colleague. I'd intended to get a waffle, but we both ended up getting large burgers. Mine consisted of lower bun, cheese, bacon, burger, burger, fried egg, onion rings, upper bun. Plus a few more onion rings and chips. It was good but not really good for afternoon productivity due to being bloated and sleepy. Got to stop doing things like that, I've been eating far too much recently.

Came home in a fairly crappy mood, but sat down and watched the DVD of Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl, which I haven't seen in years. It cheered me right up, absolute classic comedy. I'd forgotten about how much John Cleese swears in the Albatross bit - 'Course you don't get fucking wafers with it you cunt!' Also reminded me of that thing that is coming out round about now, the animated version of Graham Chapman's autobiography, which should be quite interesting as the book is completely bonkers. Graham Chapman is definitely my favourite Python, for a variety of reasons.

Unfortunately I missed the radio show that Rob was on tonight, since I completely forgot about it. Balls. Looks like it'll be put on the website at some point though, so that's good.

Tired but edgy now, like I might not sleep when I go to bed. Hate that feeling because it usually ends up true. Argh.

No comments: