Sunday 14 October 2012

The Aztecs built Notre Dame in Birmingham

It's been a good weekend. Yesterday was Andy's birthday meal which was at Romeo's in Llandudno. I think I'd been there a long time ago but it's a very good Italian restaurant. There quite quite a few of us there and we all had an awesome time and the food was great.

I gave Civilisation V a go when I wasn't well the other week and it was too much for my ill brain to cope with, especially since it has the least helpful tutorials I've seen. Today was good though, had a nice long game with some random elements introduced. I ended up playing as the Aztecs and named all their cities after English ones, and then it came to the time when you could add wonders to the cities, so I ended up with the curious situation of the Aztecs building Notre Dame in Birmingham. Having never played Civilisation before it took some time to adapt to it but I think it's really good fun.

Also carried on with Halo ODST with Rob on Live this morning. It's a bit repetitive and I'm not very clear on what's actually going on half the time but it's good fun. Same old Halo really, just in a city.

The Galaxy S has been reflashed again. I decided I wasn't hugely keen on the version of Darky's ROM on it so I've switched it to the stable release of Cyanogenmod 9, which Darky is based on. So far it seems pretty good - it feels smoother and faster anyway. I'm at the point where I'm tempted to pick up a Galaxy S2 since they have come down a lot in price and I coild probably still get a decent amount for the Galaxy S, despite it's rather worn appearance. An interesting option is the Galaxy Note but it woudl just be too big I think, although I do like the idea of the stylus. I'd still love one with a physical QWERTY but there aren't that many options, and the Android phones that do have them tend to be low-end and a bit cheesy.

No comments: