Wednesday 10 October 2012

Filthy dirty

Yesterday and today were unremarkable. Had to go into work really early today to reconfigure and test some services on one of the Unix boxes, since I'd have to restart them and kick everyone off. Fortunately it worked fine after a bit of fiddling about.

Still coughing well, had a gigantic coughing fit just before I went to work, not good.

Watched a movie that Dave in work lent me, called The Raid. It's set in Jarkarta and is subtitled, and is pretty much unceasingly and loudly violent. But oddly watchable in a disengaged brain kind of way.

Also cleaned up the bikes, which I've been meaning to do for a while. The road bike wasn't too bad but the salt on the coastal trip has made the chain go rusty. I cleaned it up a bit and oiled it. Closer examination showed there's quite a lot of wear to the chain and front and rear cogs, so it might be time to replace them. I've also ordered some new handlebar tape for it, since the stuff on it is very worn. The mountain bike was absolutely filthy and horrible, covered in grainy nasty mud that was a complete sod to clean off. It took some time.

Been eating too much, feel really crappy about it now. I thought I was doing OK but not this week. Bah.

No comments: