Monday 8 October 2012

Cough

The weekend was OK. The badminton club meal was on Saturday and was decent enough, although the Indian didn't seem to be able to cope with a group of 20 or so, unusually. Food was OK though.

Went for a bike ride around the Brenig on Sunday with a guy I work with and someone that used to work with us. It went OK but two of us took the off-road route that I didn't know existed and ended up getting very tired and muddy. I felt quite crappy for the rest of the day.

Tired today and still coughing rather. Work was frustrating due to issues with Samba on one of the AIX boxes, and I despise Samba utterly.

Not much to report otherwise. I sometimes think I miss the old days of computing. I look back at something like the Psion Organiser II and think it was amazing what people managed to do with an 8-bit 0.3mhz CPU, 64k of RAM and a 4x20 character display. It seems odd that such a humble machine could be perceived as more powerful than a modern smartphone because you can pick it up and program it directly.

About to re-read the Hobbit since people were talking about it in work today and I haven't read it in years.

No comments: