Monday 29 October 2012

Fat (again)

Thursday badminton was OK, had some good games, including a late one with just Rob, Em and Steve. This was unexpectedly fun as we could swear to our hearts content.

Friday was Andrea in work's Halloween party. I'd been persuaded to go as Mario with Robert, who was going as Luigi. The costumes were actually pretty good and it was a great evening. Really good fun.

Saturday was a bike ride with Rob from St Asaph to Prestatyn. It was a bright day but cold and windy. Still, it was fun and we weren't the only nutters out on bikes. We met an old couple on a tandem and several guys on expensive carbon bikes and lycra. There was also a short but very steep hill towards the end of the ride which I managed to get up without stopping to my own and Rob's astonishment. The only thing that went wrong was me wrecking the Presta valve on Rob's back wheel with an incorrectly set up pump so we had to change the inner tube.

In the evening it was time to meet up for an Indian for Rob P's birthday, which was really good. There was a curious delay before the main course, but the food was spectacular. I was boring and went for a butter chicken, but it was absolutely delicious.

Sunday was a quiet day except for a trip to set up the laptop I'd got for Vicky. It took a little while since her music and photos were on an iMac which was a right faff since Mac OS X would't write to my NTFS formatted external hard drive and copying over wireless would have taken forever. In the end I had to reformat the drive and do it that way.

Sometimes I hate my fucking life, today is not a good day and I don't see the week getting any better. to be honest and it becomes quite difficult to maintain the facade of cheerfulness and professionalism. Fortunately though I have booked a trip to Berlin next week to see my brother, so that will hopefully lift my spirits.

No comments: