Sunday 21 October 2012

Splash bars

Ridiculously nice weather today and I was invited on a bike ride by Andy and Maz, unfortunately I'd already arranged to head over to my Dad's to do some work on the road bike.

We put some new tape on the handlebars since the original black tape was worn out. It went on OK and fortunately the yellow and black splash pattern quite suits the bike although the yellow isn't quite the same as the paint on on the bike. The problematic rear dearailleur was sorted out so it now selects all gear and the rear tyre was replaced with a spare one that my Dad had lying around. I hadn't realised how worn the rear tyre was. The new one is slightly larger but not enough to matter. We managed to clean up the chain too, but it looks like the sprockets on the front and rear are pretty worn so they'll need replacing at some point. But that can be a winter project since it's not that bad yet.

Otherwise it's been a fairly dull day. I got a Chinese on the way home and unexpectedly encountered the CEO from work who surprised me by saying hello and then sitting opposite me in an awkward silence until he got his food. I didn't think he had any idea who I was.

No comments: