Friday 12 October 2012

WARRRGH

Last night was badminton. It wasn't too bad but I really started to cough and suffer towards the end. Still, it was great to hang out at Steve's and play with Binx who is becoming very brave and sociable. She's such a dainty little cat though.

Today in work was bad this morning - I just felt awful, my ears ached and I felt tired and unable to focus. It was really bad. I think something nutritional was out of kilter becuase I was drawn to the vending machine and had something like six packets of crisps after which I started to feel more normal. I really wasn't up to badminton this evening.

I experimented with pizza making earlier in the week. First was a fairly ordinary cheese and pepperoni one that came out nicely, but then I tried something a bit different. I made another one with tomato puree, sweetcorn, crumbled blue cheese, mozarrella and pepperoni. It was bloody delicious, and instead of dominating the flavour the blue cheese was a subtle background taste. Really nice.

The road bike is going to be treated to some new black and yellow handlebar tape to match the paint and I think it needs a new chain as the one on it seems rather floppy. I think the previous owner did rather a a lot of miles on it though. I think the cogs might be worn too, not sure really.

Lance Armstrong is pretty much confirmed to be a doping cheat. I read the report about it all that was released and it's hard to deny it any more. I was kind of hoping it wasn't true despite reports that he was a bit of a twat anyway but oh well. Let's hope this year marks the start of a clean TDF so they can restore the image of cycling.

I just watched Prometheus. It was beautifully made but I think pretty much all of the crew needed a damn good slap for being complete and utter morons. Michael Fassbender was good as usual though.

No comments: