Monday 1 October 2012

Still not well

Not been well today at all. Spent pretty much the whole day shivering and sweating in my bed, watching vintage Top Gear on my laptop and random YouTube videos.

Also randomly used the free car check websites to see if there were any details on my old cars. The Prelude has been taxed for a whole year so hopefully is in the hands of someone who can give it the attention it needed. The Focus, somewhat astonishingly, is also taxed but now listed as white. Perhaps someone removed my dreadful black paintjob and did it right, who knows? Sadly the old Vectra hasn't been taxed in over two years. My old Cinquecento that I sold in 2003 hasn't been taxed for four years, shame. That was a fun little thing.

The guilt-free computer parts were installed on Saturday. The M17x is quite happily running with 16gb RAM and has a test virtual machine with 8gb assigned memory running quite nicely. The M15x CPU upgrade was a bit more involved since some of the casing had to come off to get the heatsink out, but otherwise that one's working fine too. The i7 I put into it is actually slower than the i3 in terms of clock speed but I think the extra physical cores and turbo-boost will help. Not sure really.

No comments: