Thursday 3 January 2013

2013 can only get better from now

New Year's Eve was really good fun at Rob and Em's. The usual gang was there along with some visitors from down south, Jake and Laura and of course Jane, Wes and little Xander. Although the word 'little' is used advisedly as he looks much older than his 10 months. The evening was really good, lots of excellent company and conversation and typical food and then Jools Hollands Hootenany. Although was rather shocked to find out it was filmed in November, but I suppose it makes sense. Bit weird if you were there when they filmed it and then watched it on the actual night so you could count down with yourself.

The only slight downer for me on that evening was a general feeling of being unwell which had been building up since the afternoon, and so I didn't drink, although I was offered the couch to stay over.

This led to feeling bloody awful on the 1st January, so I've spent the first three days of 2013 in bed feeling sorry for myself, kept going only by dwindling supplies of chocolate, pizza and the Hunger Games books on my Kindle. I've finished the first book and well into the second one now. I'm really enjoying them and can see how they get the praise they do. Rob is right when he says they are epically better than Twilight and fucking 50 Shades.

Also found this blog by a guy who is watching and reviewing the whole of Star Trek TNG, which is quite interesting. It's odd to find that episodes I once regarded as good when I first saw them years ago turn out to be rather shit. Once he points out that Geordi LaForge is a downright creepy fucker at times, you can't help but notice. Also I still think without Patrick Stewart, TNG wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of seasons.

Due to feeling like utter shit, I've failed to do anything regarding my unwritten resolutions, which are sell more crap on Ebay, tidy up the house, eat more sensibly and get more exercise. I've felt progressively better today but I'm not sure if I should go into work tomorrow as I think I'm still snotting a bit and my throat is tickling, which implies a cough is on the way.

Bleh.

No comments: