Thursday 10 January 2013

Random random

Not much to report this week. Have tried to modify diet with reasonable success, but it's more from point of view of taking note when I am actually full and not just gobbling on past that. So far so good. I did have a packet of Maltesers but after I'd eaten them, I wasn't sure I'd enjoyed them. It was odd. I'm just tired of being greedy and fat. I'm thinking I'll start some proper exercise next week when I feel properly better, which will also help.

Felt better from the cold throughout the week but still had occasional bouts of snot production which was a bit gross.

Badminton was OK this evening, but during the last game I suddenly ran out of energy. It felt like an actual switch had been flipped and I just couldn't get round the court any more. Before badminton we went to Steve's and had a very nice chicken casserole.

Spent one evening working on my sister's laptop, an Asus one I got her a couple of years ago. Needed some malware clearing off, but the main thing was the trackpad not working. I've tried everything I can think of to make it work with no success. I can only imagine it's a hardware issue, but the only thing I haven't tried is to boot it up off a CD to see if it works then. Also I've got the old Precision M65 back off Rob since he had the new laptop off me a few months ago. I was going to put it back on Ebay but I have a bit of a soft spot for it after bringing it back from the dead so I have a plan for it. The only real downer with it is the 32-bit chipset so it's limited to less than 4gb of addressible RAM and no 64-bit OS.

The car went in today to have the turbo looked at. As it turns out there was a split in a pipe. The pipe is enormous and right in front of the engine, but the split was underneath which is why I hadnt 'noticed it. I think it's also up to it's old trick of losing coolant, so they are going to check that out tomorrow as well when they replace the pipe.

A couple of years ago I got four Italia bass necks off Ebay with the intention of using them in projects - perhaps new doublenecks. However I never did, and when I realised I had a box they would fit in, I put them on Ebay again. They went for £80, so I made quite a profit on them.

No comments: