Thursday 11 April 2013

Back to work again

Work was OK today, if rather full on with stuff and meetings. But hey. I had the contract details and things for the new job which I duly signed and took down to HR, so that's finally all official. Yay.

Badminton after work was good fun, had a nice meal at Steve's after we dropped the last two disks of Game of Thrones to Andy so he could carry on. I need to watch season 2 now, which will be uncharted territory as I haven't read the second book yet.

The Accord is going OK. It is going to be thirsty, no question. I was used to travelling around 70 miles before the fuel gauge would even move in the Astra. I'm thinking the Accord could probably use a service as I think it hasn't been used much in the last few months, and it has a blow in the front of the exhaust, which might be messing up a sensor somewhere and making it use more fuel like my old Vectra had a habit of doing. The Vectra also had a trick of the fuel gauge dropping really quickly to start with and then slowing down, so hopefully the Accord will be similar. I'm getting more used to the autobox. I quite like it now, apart from the tendency to hang onto gears on hills when I'd have shifted up ages ago. The tiptronic mode works quite nicely in situations like that though. Ideally I'd like a automatic diesel, but they aren't cheap. Vauxhall even made an auto version of the Astra 1.7dti, but only for about a year so they are very uncommon.

No comments: