Thursday 18 April 2013

Out of sorts

The week has progressed OK. Work has been interesting. Part of the new role involves learning about the storage systems, so spent a couple of days doing things with that. Had to move all the data off one of the storage systems so the controllers could have new cache batteries fitted. Shut down one controller, take it out, put the battery in, and then swap them over.

Spent yesterday sneezing all day, which I think was one of my infrequent hayfever attacks and then today played terribly at badminton due to feeling like I couldn't quite catch my breath and my legs felt stiff. Not good. Also was full of awesome cottage pie that we had eaten at Rob and Em's with Andy, which was a nice change.

As I feared, the Accord is shit on fuel. According to my spreadsheet it only managed 27 mpg, so I think it's time with me will be limited. Bit of a shame because it's a nice car and everything on it works, even things like the cruise control. It even has good ground clearance. Another more economical Honda might be nice but they only started making diesels in 2005. Someone in work did suggest finding a turbo for the Astra and fixing it, but with the mileage being so high, I don't think it's the way to go as everything on it is going to be tired.

Not feeling right this evening, all out of sorts. Pissed off with cars, pissed off with living situation and generally feeling a bit lonely and miserable. Bah.

No comments: