Saturday 20 April 2013

Feeling better

Yesterday was an OK day in work, and I started to feel more myself. In the evening it was off to Mold for a work curry. Four of us that weren't planning on staying out late went in the same car. The venue was the Saffron, which I've been to once before but appears to have been refurbished. The food was very good indeed and the company was good.

When we got back to Denbigh we found that a large part of the town had been cordoned off in relation to the home made bombs that some dickhead has been making. This meant that Robert couldn't get home and my car was trapped on his driveway. He kindly gave me a lift to the bottom of the track and I walked up. They evacuated a load of people in the area as they were searching a property in relation to the bombs, and I've just heard it is happening again! Apparently a 46 year old man has been arrested.

Much to my astonishment, the Astra had been sold when I got home - £165, and the buyer wanted to pick it up at 9am this morning. This led to some panic as I'd convinced myself it wasn't going to sell so hadn't emptied my crap out of it. I managed to get it done and the guy picked it up without any problems, although he was a bit late. It was a stunning morning, the sun was out and the sky was clear. A jet went over high up and it was so clear I could see the plane perfectly, which was awesome.

After that I got a lift into town to get the car back, and to meet Andy for a run. We went to St Asaph where there is a standard 400m running track and we did a few laps. I found it rather hard, not because I couldn't get my breath but my calves felt tight and painful, and I got a stitch at one point. It was OK other than that though, and definitely good exercise.

I came home and had a shower and then headed to Rhyl to order new glasses, but was foiled because the people in Boots Opticians couldn't read the handwriting on the prescription, so I need to get it checked and go back, ridiculously. It could be 8.00 or 8.50...argh. I was all set to get some of those nice frames that are all bendy and indestructible but they were expensive and I might get something a little more sensible, but I do insist on hinges that can bend back a bit.

Then came home again and sat down to watch Game of Thrones. I only meant to watch one episode but ended up watching all the way to the end of season 2. The episodes are long but they certainly fly by. I suppose the next step is to read the second book but I've just started the third Science of Discworld book.

Not sure why I felt so weird the last few days, just really down in the dumps. Everything seemed wrong somehow and I would wake up in the night and worry about the car and things. Now that the Astra has gone I feel better about it though. It goes OK and while it is thirsty, I can cope with it for a little while.

Planning on having a bit of a clearout tomorrow and take some things to the tip. The Honda might be thirsty but it is a big hatchback after all and has plenty of room in it with the seats down.

No comments: