Friday 26 April 2013

IT Crowd

It's been a fairly ordinary week, but with more exercise than usual. After circuits on Monday it was DnD on Tuesday, then on Wednesday we all went to the gym, which was pretty good. I find it easier to not use the programme they supply and just get a machine for as long as I can handle it.

However no badminton on Thursday as I had to take my Mum to one of her writing things, which means I have to look after the dog over the weekend. I worked from home today which was nice, and then I'm on leave on Monday. Hoping to have a bit of a tidy up and take some crap away tomorrow and Monday, and it's the Wales Comic Con on Sunday, which should be great.

The Accord was looked at yesterday and was diagnosed as needing a new anti rollbar link and a flexible bit of exhaust - pretty much what I expected. Pleasingly the cost was somewhat less than I had anticipated so it's going in on Tuesday to get those sorted out. I wasn't going to spent any money on it but it'll make it easier to get rid of if it doesn't sound so farty.

Been playing around again with the Organiser IIs. I found a way to program the UDGs with random data, which is a way of making your own graphics on it, which led to some interesting screen effects. With it only being a 4x20 grid of 8x5 matrices it's a bit limited in terms of graphics though, and the older ones are even worse as they only have a 2x16 grid. It's still fun though. I just like the way you can pick it up and quickly write a program to do whatever. Something that modern computers lack. I know the Raspberry Pi is supposed to bring that old feeling back but it still seems a bit bloated and awkward. I've also been on a bit of an accumulation thing with the Psions....somehow I've ended up with eight of the things, but at least they are small.

I've been watching the IT Crowd after my brother introduced it to me. It passed me by a bit when it was on the TV and I grew to dislike it because I was on the helpdesk at the time, and people used to laugh at us about it, especially the turn it off and on thing. I've watched it twice now. The first time I wasn't impressed and didn't like it but after a repeat viewing it has grown on me, although I still think some of it is annoying. I still need to watch the fourth season though, since I didn't know there was one until today, doh.

No comments: