Thursday 4 April 2013

Berlin, woo

Tuesday was the last day in work before the holiday I had booked. It was a busy day but I got everything done that I needed to do and was able to go with a clear conscience.

The flight to Berlin yesterday was much later than usual. It was a weird feeling to be sat around in the morning waiting. I packed everything and watched the last episode of Game of Thrones before going and then it was still too early. Very impressed with Game of Thrones though, it is a fantastic program. Having read the first book (twice), they have missed out quite a lot, but for once in a good way, just concentrating on the basics.

Anyway, I finally headed to the airport, which was one of the most pain free drives there I have ever had, since it was early afternoon. Spent the time there being bored and listening to music until finally the flight was called. Easyjet have changed it now so they have an allocated seat policy, and soon will only allow online checkin. Since the flight was so full, they asked for volunteers for people to drop their bags into the cargo hold in return for jumping to the front of the queue. I did this and it worked out quite well because the bags that go in this way are the first out onto the baggage conveyor. It was interesting coming down in the dark, seeing all the lights of the city below, although I didn't get a window seat so my view was limited.

Once landed, met up with my brother and we got the train into the city. Weather much the same as home really, although it seems quite sunny this morning. I realised on the way in that the only thing I forgot to bring was a rucksack, damn it. Staying with my brother until Friday when I go into a hotel, which works out nicely as the room in the apartment that I'm staying is only free until then.

No comments: