Wednesday 14 November 2007

Icky sticky mud, yuck

Need to underseal the Discovery. But it's rather intimidating. It needs to be completely clean and dry before applying Waxoyl or something, but given that I live up a muddy, wet track it's not easy. I did look into getting it done professionally and there's a company called BeforeNAfter which is quite highly recommended. The catch is that it would cost about £460 for the Discovery, which I can't afford and is about half of what the vehicle is worth anyway, though you could argue that having it done would increase it's value.

Oh well. I think the best idea would be to get it steam cleaned underneath and then take it to my Dad's and do it there on top of a huge tarpaulin or something. While I'm at it, the engine could do with a clean and the axles aren't too pretty either.

It's weird having only one wiper. It's like there's something wrong with your left eye. So it needs that fixing (which I can do), a track rod end and the steering wheel straightened. Also the springs still need replacing and the gearbox/transfer box main shaft is clunking. But hopefully that'll keep going until it's up to at least 150,000 miles. If it starts jumping out of gear, then I'll worry.

Got rained on while walking the dog, annoyingly. It was fairly repulsive today, cold, windy and wet.

The pic is of a cyclops and when I first saw this at about 7 years old, it scared the shit out of me. I still don't like it now.

No comments: