Thursday 15 November 2007

Randomness and Galaxy GAN

Frustrating and busy day today in work. For the first time ever I came very close to losing my rag completely with a user. Fortunately it was resolved easily enough but it was a very tense moment.

Badminton was OK, but frustrating. I know I can pull off some good shots on occasion but I'm still shit at being in the right place when it matters. This is why I tend to prefer singles, but never really get a chance to play it.

Super Mario Galaxy is out tomorrow and Assassin's Creed, which I'm getting despite mixed reviews. Will and I are calling the day 'Super Mario Assassin' but Rob is going to have to call it 'Super Mario Wood' as he seems intent on getting the new Tiger Woods golf game for the Wii.

I'm going to trade the following Xbox 360 and Wii games:

Excite Truck: Fun, but repetitive after a while and I never really got into it.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: Actually a really good game but I got as far as I could and got frustrated. Probably the only Tony Hawk game I actually really enjoyed since Tony Hawk 3 on the PS2.

Rayman Raving Rabbids: It was OK until Wario Ware: Smooth Moves came out which was better all ro und and more fun.

Test Drive Unlimited: OK but boring after you've painted your fifth Lamborghini in tasteless colours and multiplayer is just your typical Xbox Live crap, being insulted by 12 year olds in Enzo Ferraris.

Gears of War: It was undoubtedly a good game and looked incredible. But the campaign was too sh ort, I don't like the control system and the multiplayer sucks (IMHO).

Viva Pinata: Oddly enough I bought this game and never actually played it. I am determined to one day...but not just right now. Also there is a DS version coming out.

After years of (allegedly) playing the bass, I can finally manage to come close to playing Iron Maiden bass lines. Steve Harris has a fairly unique way of playing and I've found it quite hard to get the hang of it. But it's worth it. He's the reason my dream bass has always been a Fender Precision Bass.

Say what you like about Iron Maiden, but I've liked them since I was 10 years old and was lent the Powerslave album. The first album I ever bought for myself was their debut album. My proudest moment was getting an enormous poster cover for the 'Can I Play with Madness' single. Why? Because my Mum thought it was the most revolting thing she'd ever seen and refused to come into my room when it was up on the wall. You can see it above. I still think it's an awesome image.

No comments: