Sunday 11 November 2007

Trumpets of Depression

Friday was meh, had a dull day in work and then went to badminton and just hated every minute of it. For some reason I wasn't in the mood. The pub afterwards was OK though.

Saturday was better, met up with some old work colleagues, one of whom is going home to China for ever. That was good and if I ever want to visit Beijing, I know I've got somewhere to crash (seriously!). After that went to Andy's to join him, Rob and Em in a mad Heroes fest. I missed the first few episodes but we watched so many I picked up fairly quickly what was going on. I think there's about four left, so that should be interesting. It's a pretty good series.

Today was a fairly useless day. Weather was treacherously changable so didn't walk the dog, but did take him for a run and play. In the last few months he seems to have realised how to be playful, which is nice, as he's always been a bit of a serious minded creature.

Also played around with my crappy Squier Strat and made some atrocious noises because it won't stay in tune, but then it did only cost £15 from a car boot sale and needs some new machine heads. Then watched some DVDs and read the trade paperback Chronicles of Wormwood. Probably not recommended if you're religious (like most of Garth Ennis' stuff) but I really liked it.

Didn't achieve anything else other than realising that if just specified the width (480) when ripping the DVD, the height is worked out for you and it then displays OK on the iPod. It should also work on the PSP as the screen is the same width, but less height (touch=320, PSP=272).

The iPhone is out. If it wasn't so ludicrously expensive to get one (£270 for the phone plus £35 for 18 months on O2) in the UK, it might have been the first thing to tempt me away from Nokia. Interesting that in France it's illegal to not sell an unlocked version of a phone.

I have rediscovered the joys of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes, the greatest cereal of all time. Also the Wispa has returned, cue dancing girls and orgies in the streets.

No comments: