Wednesday 30 June 2010

Broooom!

Work was fairly uninteresting, had to rebuild two relatively old CAD workstations. They were originally specced up with SCSI interfaces and hard drives but I couldn't get the drivers to work properly for them, so ripped them out and put spare SATA drives. For what they're used for the SCSI doesn't make much difference. Otherwise quiet.

The MacBook didn't arrive today so I went for a ride on the bike. Headed into Denbigh to fill it up and practice more on junctions and for the first time, roundabouts. Did OK, getting more confident. Things like changing through the gears, cancelling the indicators, and stuff like that is becoming second nature, which is good. People keep saying I'll get tired of the 125 but for now it's plenty powerful, and it's a four stroke. The more powerful two stroke 125s must be great fun, like the Aprilia RS125.

I popped in to see Andy and Maz and had a nice long chat with them, before heading back home. By that time it was getting towards dusk which gave me an idea what the headlight is like. There was one moment where I went round a bend near the village and heard a pattering sound. It was almost like rain, but it was in fact a swarm of mayflies splatting on the visor. Fortunately I had it fully closed but one still made it through the vents and went up my nose, but I was able to huff it out without having to stop.

I'm having no luck with the key for the damn thing. In Morrisons when I got petrol, I dropped it under the bike and spent minutes hunting through my pockets, and then when I went to the Spar, I left it on the counter and some guy came hurrying out with it as again I was going through my pockets. At least this one hasn't snapped yet!

I reckon I've done 110-120 miles since I last filled it up, and it cost £7.20 to fill it to the brim again, so that's not bad at all. Also today at lunchtime I picked up some chain cleaner and lubricant as it looks like it needs doing.

No comments: