Thursday 21 October 2010

Funny fun fun

A reconditioned gearbox for the car would cost £500+VAT so that's not really an option. A couple of guys in work said if I got a box, they would help me install it, as one of them has an engine crane. An intriguing idea but so much could go wrong. The idea of a second hand box is still doable, just need to sort out someone to put it in. Someone in work suggested the Focus RS8 conversion kit you can get in the States. It converts a Focus to rear wheel drive with a 5.0 litre V8. Could be fun, but it's £15,000, so not really an option. It would be ace to have a sleeper one though, a ratty old 4-door Focus with 250bhp would be hilarious in the traffic light grand prix.

Badminton this evening. First it was a meal at Rob's with a laptop shuffle, swapping out the HP 2133 I sold him for the Precision M65. The meal was haggis, first time I've had it I think. It was interesting, but probably not something I'll actively seek out. It did however have an unfortunate effect on digestion causing several involuntary eruptions during badminton from both Rob and I. Also someone got struck in the eye by a shuttle, which made her eye go all red and painful so she left to get it checked.

No comments: