Saturday 23 October 2010

I am a fat slob

Went out this morning and got oil for the bike, but it was a stupid day of unpredictable weather, one minute sunshine, next heavy rain. Gave up on the oil change and slobbed out in front of the third series of Torchwood, which was good. Morrisons was a heaving mass of people so I went to Lidl instead which can be relied upon to be quite empty even at peak times. It's a weird atmosphere in there, it always seems hushed compared to other supermarkets. I like the German stuff you can get in there though as well as all the usual stuff, and you can always get a parking space.

Other than that, it's been a quiet day. Listed my Neo Geo Pocket collection on Ebay, three consoles and some games. Great little machines to be fair, just haven't used them for ages. Also checked the status of my other auctions for a Sinclair ZX81 and a vintage PacMan 2 game. The ZX81 has bids, but not the other one, yet.

It's the radio rally next weekend. I haven't been since it was cancelled in 2005 when they couldn't afford to hold it in the theatre any more. It's a great place for finding computer equipment and retro stuff, and I've got many nice and interesting things from there, including the above mentioned ZX81.

In the last two years it's been held in the new school in Llandudno, but I haven't been. The first year I just didn't know it was happening, and last year I was in Berlin. Despite my financial crackdown, I am going to allow myself a bit of cash to go and see what's there, but this time, with the intent of seeing if there is anything I could possibly resell on Ebay. The problem I've had before is that I would buy something just to really have a play with it, but then never get rid of it and it would just sit around. When the stuff was PDAs and stuff it's not too bad, when you're talking huge Unix workstations and the like, it can get a bit silly.

Supposedly the weather tomorrow is going to be better, and hopefully will get the bike oil change done.

The gearbox plot thickens, when I was driving hom from town today, I had a lot on my mind, and forgot to avoid third gear, and it worked perfectly all the way home without me realising. Perhaps it's not as damaged as previously thought.

My brother has once again encouraged me to sign up for the Berlin half marathon next year. It is something I think it would be great to do, but I'm so unfit at the moment I'd never be ready to do it in time, and I'm still quite dubious about my running ability.

Rereading Harry Potter, just started book 4.

When I went into town, found that I'd forgotten to charge the HTC and it was completely flat, so I had to go out without a mobile phone. It was a somewhat strange sensation, probably the first time I've been out without one for years. Still like the HTC, found a C64 emulator for it, and there's even an Amiga emulator for Android, which seems totally unreal.

No comments: