Wednesday 13 October 2010

Girly my arse

The bike passed it's MOT with only a couple of bulbs needed. Quite amazed really, and it only cost £45 overall. People in work said that I could have got the MOT done cheaper elsewhere but this place was convenient for work. It was a VERY cold ride into town this morning though, but I was pleased that the bike wasn't any harder to start than normal. Work was meh, got some things done but not others. Constantly feeling tired this week, and had an on and off headache today. Bah.

Still really happy with the HTC phone. The only issues I have are the on screen keyboard, which is a bit fiddly, and the battery life. I've always preferred phones with good battery life, and previously the various Nokias I've used had at least a good couple of days. I think the HTC would manage a couple of days, depending on use, but it is capable of being charged from a normal mini-USB connector so it's quite easy to top it up. Also the camera is fairly dire. It's apparently a 3.2 megapixel one but it takes pretty poor photos in anything but bright daylight. Got an ace geocaching app for it. You can download the cache data onto the phone and then use the built in GPS to find it. If you have data access it can even tell you about nearby caches and log visits while out and about but I've disabled data access as it's prohibitively expensive on PAYG. Oh yes, apparently the HTC is 'girly' because it's white. I've decided I don't care, I like it.

Not much else going on really. Carried on with Big Bang Theory season 2, which is pretty good.

Still relatively Coke-free. Had some diet cherry while on overtime on Saturday and had some at Andy's meal, but otherwise still on the squash at work. I think my skin has improved quite a lot and it's probably due to that. Anyway, not consuming shitloads of sugar and caffeine every day has got to be a good thing. The squash I'm drinking now probably has various sweeteners and stuff but it's a lot better than full-fat Coke.

Once and for all going to work on my finances, so the next few months are going to be frugal (heard that before) although I will have to budget for a trip to Berlin as my cousin wants to go now that her treatments are all but finished with. Not sure when but we're going to discuss it on Saturday when she is down for a visit.

No comments: