Sunday 3 October 2010

There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

Not much went on the rest of the week on Friday when I had a disctinctly upsetting e-mail in work, that caused me to scream obscenities at the top of my voice and savagely kick a bin across the office. Not sure if it was because I used my left foot or what but it really damaged my foot to the point where it still hurts now. Oh well.

Picked up BioShock 2 from Morrisons for £14 so have been playing it off and on. It is pretty much more of the same except that this time you play as a Big Daddy. The plot is interesting and the environment as great as ever.

Didn't play badminton on Thursday due to Rob being ill and then Friday I didn't go because I wasn't in the mood and my foot was still hurting.

Yesterday was a fairly idle day with mostly BioShock and a couple of movies. I dug out some old movies that I hadn't seen for ages on VHS, The Living Daylights and The Craft. Then went to Llandudno with Andy and Maz to go to Pizza Hut and watch Back to the Future in the cinema. Both were OK although there were a group of tattooed bodybuilding gorillas who thought they were really funny and loud in Pizza Hut and then to our dismay went into the same screen as us. Fortunately we were far away from them and the sound was turned up so their constant talking was a faint murmer in the background. BTTF was a blast on the big screen, looked great on digital projection and it's just such a fun film to watch.

Today it was supposed to be rugby in Wrexham but it was cancelled due to heavy rain, but by the time it was announced, I had just arrived at Andy's. So we went to the Denbigh Chocolate Shop, which is really cool. It has a little cafe area, but then if you go upstairs there's a sweet shop, a gallery and a meeting room. Very nice.

Trying to rationalise the computers I use, so after the failed Acer behemoth experiment, I ended up buying a brand new Acer 17" 7741g with a Core i3, 4gb RAM, 500gb hard drive and ATI 5470 graphics. To fund it I'm selling off the older machines. Sold the MacBook on Ebay and made a small profit on it, even with the replacement keyboard. I also listed the Latitude D800 but that didn't sell, which came as a bit of a relief as I have a soft spot for it. Decided to keep it and treat it to some more RAM and a new hard drive to speed it up, but there's still a few others to list.

The car really needs attention now, it's definitely down on power and using more fuel than it should. The exhaust is getting steadily worse. Tired of exhausts now, wish I could just get one that stuck up out of the bonnet like a tractor.

Title of this entry is one of the stranger messages encountered written on a wall in Silent Hill 2.

No comments: