Saturday 30 October 2010

Retro goodness

Well, the radio rally wasn't as good as it has been but there were some interesting things. I picked up two things, an old Compaq Armada laptop for £5, which turned out to be a Pentium with 32mb RAM and 2gb hard drive. Needs a keyboard as half the keys don't work but is otherwise fine.

The other item was a box that converts old video signals into VGA, which is something I thought I could use. Since I put the monitor on the 360 instead of using a TV, I've had no way of using the old PS2 or any other consoles. This box lets the PS2 display through the monitor, and has a bypass so the 360 can display perfectly well too. I've hooked it all up and it works fine although the quality isn't great. But it never was anyway, just been spoilt by the HD signal from the 360. Played a bit of San Andreas which proved it is the pinnacle of GTA, and going back to the original GTA III.

No comments: