Wednesday 3 November 2010

Plimpy plimps

The week has been unspectacular so far. The only notable things were meeting up with a guy that Amy and I used to work with at Proact for lunch, which was good as we hadn't seen him for a while. He's just been promoted in work, which is great news.

I had a weird dream that Wales went to war with England. I don't know why, but the border was closed and the whole country was set up to go to war. In work we were required to carry out cyber-espionage as well as our normal stuff and the dream ended just as English battleships (with sails) reached the coast of Anglesey. Very odd.

The weather yesterday was horrendous, all windy and horizontal rain, definitely one for staying in the warm.

Gave up on installing Windows NT 3.51 on the old Compaq as the floppy drive went on it and then it had a tantrum. So, not expecting it to work, I installed it on a virtual machine on the 7741g. The setup process was amusingly fast, it was buit for the 486 era and it's running on a 2.1ghz Core i3. It's so weird seeing it looking like Windows 3.1 but with NT features so familiar in modern Windows. Installed the latest service pack and some video drivers so it can display at a decent resolution in Virtualbox.

Cut myself somehow while trying to fix the Compaq floppy and got blood everywhere. Bah.

Fuck me I'm a geek. Also fat as someone said the new Indian in Denbigh did takeaway and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I tried it. It's pretty nice in there, much better than the skanky nightclub it used to be and the food was really good.

No comments: