Saturday 6 November 2010

Rugby times are here again

So today was spent at Rob and Em's for the first rugby games of the month. First Wales vs Australia which wasn't particulalry inspiring. Then It was Ireland vs South Africa which was so interesting we all got on the Internet and started looking at bad tattoos, which actually turned out to be quite disturbing. Can't imagine why some people would do some of them to themselves as they are truly awful. Somehow we started quoting Anchorman to each other so after the rugby finished, we put it on. One of those movies which even when you've seen it a few times, is still entertaining, and it's so quotable. As always we went mad with food, Rob made delicious chilli and nachos and we had a whole load of snacks.

Not much else going on. Experimented with a tyre writing pen that lets you highlight the writing on tyres. The pen I had was really crappy so I only did one wheel but it looked quite cool but I don't think it dried properly before I had to move the car so some of it came off. I don't know why but tyres with white writing on make me happy. Probably because when I had my original Series III Land Rover, I wanted a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain tyres for it but could never afford them. Also they feature on those big American cars in old films

Financial crackdown was OK until the other day. Bit of an epic fail but I tihnk I'll be OK. The big payment that I needed to make did go out though which is the main thing. Just need to keep it up for another few months. Looked into flights briefly to see Steve and Kara, but they are still about £470 for the route through Philadelphia that seems to work OK. It's been a while since I've/we've seen them though so once I've got my finances sorted out I really should make the effort.

No comments: