Monday 2 May 2011

Burn it all!

Today, Rob, Em and Caroline came up to help clear out the shed that had years worth of shite in it, mainly because there was an old chaise-longue and butter churn that I had offered to Caroline but they were behind loads of stuff.

We had loads of fun chucking all the wood stuff into a big pile for Em to go all pyromaniac on and the metal into a separate pile to go to the scrap. Found a few fun things like a collection of motorcycle magazines from the late 70's and early 80's and my old Transformers duvet cover which had survived in amazing condition. The ancient harmonium was beyond saving and while it still made a few groaning sounds if it was pedalled vigorously, it was smashed up and burnt.

After that I was planning to go on a bike ride but Rob and Em didn't feel like it and I decided I didn't either. So I took out the bike and checked it all out and rode it up and down the front a bit. Also in the spirit of the work I've done on the bike recently, I dug out the unicycle. I cleaned it up and pumped the tyre up but any ability I might have had to ride it seems to have disappeared.

I took the car out and it still drives OK so I gave it a wash. The door seal doesn't seem to be affected by the crumpled arch so I don't think it's going to leak. The plan now is to just drive it and see how it does in the next MOT, or until something goes bang.

Haven't done much else. Watched The Core for the sole reason of enjoying the utterly ludicrous physics and shit that goes on in it.

The BlackBerry I use as my backup phone has developed a sticky trackball, and I don't have anything else I can use. Bah. I'm still trying to work out if it's worth getting another smartphone or if I should just get a dumbphone. The HTC was nice but coping with the generally poor battery life was a bit of a pain. Can't afford anything right now anyway so will have to find something shit to keep me going until payday or so.

No comments: