Friday 27 May 2011

Dragon Age: Underpants

A fairly OK day in work.

Came home to find the driveshaft for the Focus had turned up, bloody heavy thing.

Got two 250gb hard drives for the M17x which are now installed and running in RAID0 to give a combined drive of about 485gb. I did think about larger ones but I don't need that much space. These are 7200rpm drives. SSDs or hybrid drives would have been nice too but considerably more expensive.

I thought I'd have to use a Linux CD or something to clone the original drive onto the new volume but investigation showed the best way to do it was with Windows itself. It has an option to create a system image onto an external hard drive and then create a bootable DVD which you can use to restore the image back onto the new drive. Then use Disk Management to expand the partition to fill the space and done. Rather impressed as it was easy and reasonably quick given there was 50gb of data to transfer.

Played some more DA. It's taking a while to adapt to it as it's quite a complex game. There was a memorable incident when I was exploring a dungeon with two companions and picked up an item of armour. I then accidentally unequipped everything else, which left my character standing in his underpants which was hilarious. The way the dialogue works is taking some time to get used to. Unlike Mass Effect, your character doesn't speak, which is odd when everyone else does. So far though, quite enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing how it develops as I think it's a big game and I've only done a little bit of it.

No comments: