Sunday 29 May 2011

Damn you, weather

The plans for a bike ride this morning were thwarted by dreadful wind and rain. Frustratingly by the afternoon it had calmed down rather a lot but at least I was able to take the dog for a walk.

Didn't do much else today except continue with Dragon Age. I had to switch it to Casual mode as playing it in Normal requires micromanagement of your entire team to a frustrating degree or they die pretty quickly and my screams of rage were making my throat hurt. Really starting to enjoy it now, especially as I'm starting to get the hang of how the plot is hanging together and how to handle the equipment and stuff. I wasn't sure if it would be my thing as I prefer sci-fi settings over fantasy but it's got me hooked at the moment.

It keeps reminding me of Fable II but in comparison, Fable II seems childish and dumbed down, let alone the abomination that was Fable III. I heard that there were complaints that Dragon Age II was dumbed down in comparison but I'll wait and see on that one.

No comments: