Sunday 15 May 2011

Eurovision apathy

Rob came up with the idea of watching the Eurovision in a big group a couple of weeks ago. The idea was that everyone would select a country and then dress appropriately and bring food and stuff.

It was a really good evening. The actual contest itself was fairly underwhelming but it was really good fun watching it and commenting on the daft voting. There was loads of good food and drink and general banter.

I had already bagsied Germany (surprise) and decided I would bring Currywurst. I assumed the sausage would be easy enough but I wasn't sure about the sauce. It's one of those things where there isn't a definitive recipe as the point of Currywurst is to make it with whatever's handy. I tried one of the recipes and it came out really well, tasted pretty authentic, even if I had to miss out two of the ingredients as I didn't have them.

Today has been a fairly uninteresting day. I did however go to the car boot in Rhyl for the first time in ages but it was fairly tedious and crap as it was raining. I went to Halfords to get a new saddle for my bike as they had a huge retro leather one with actual springs on the bottom, which is ace and really comfortable. Still need to sort out the handlebars though.

After that I drove around aimlessly for a bit so the odometer and trip counter on the car would read 1234567890 so I could take a photo. Then went home and completed my renegade Shepard in ME2 before playing a bit of Portal 2 and watching some more Futurama. Slightly alarmed by Mass Effect 3 spoilers being around already when it's not due for release until next year so I need to be careful about those.

Running the M17x on battery. Fairly pointless, I don't know why they bothered putting a battery in it. It might be laptop shaped but it really isn't a laptop. It lasts about an hour on battery doing not much at all, so if you actually used the quad-core or the dual graphics cards it would probably last about 10 minutes. They might as well have put a third hard drive bay in instead so you could have RAID 5.

So far really happy with the machine though, the only thing I would like to do when funds allow is take out the single 160gb drive and replace it with two larger ones and run it in RAID0. God knows why it only has the one tiny drive, can only imagine it was refurbed because there was some issue with the original drive(s).

No comments: