Sunday 25 September 2011

Gusty

Not much to report last week. Went to the gym on Friday evening after work for the first time in a while, although I had to turn down the effort level on the machines.

Yesterday was my Mum's birthday so did a few things and took her out for an Indian meal, which was good. King Prawn Passanda with peshwari naan, absolutely stunning.

Today walked up Moel Famau with Steve from work. Originally it was going to be a few but only us two could make it. It was a nice clear day although a bit overcast, and astonishingly windy. Once at the Jubilee tower the wind was ridiculous. Poor Sandy had his ears and lips fluttering in the wind. We met a woman with an adopted greyhound which was a brindle but with opposite colours to Sandy, which was nice. We took some pictures and admired the view before heading back down, encountering some nutter who was running up.

After that I watched some more DS9 and indulged myself in Hackers. I know why people hate it but it's a nice slice of the 90s and I always find it fun to try identify the various machines they use and laugh at attempts at referencing the technology of the era. But it's entertaining and has a stonking soundtrack, so why the hell not. I've always wanted a camouflage laptop thanks to this movie.

Day off tomorrow. Rugby, Portal 2 and D&D, what more could you ask for?

Managed to flog the Acer 7741g and the HP DV7 on Ebay, which is good. I think my triad of Alienware machines should satisfy my computing needs for a while now.

No comments: