Sunday 18 September 2011

Stupid virus

Yesterday was the beer festival in Denbigh, which I always go to to be sociable. It was a decent sized crowd this year with Jane and Wez up from Kent and their friends. I tasted several foul things that claimed to be drinks but did enjoy the curry and chilli that the cafe had. I found that chicken curry goes suprisingly well with nachoes instead of rice although the woman did give me an odd look. Afterwards had a Chinese with Andy and Maz and we had a look at some photos. By the end of the day it had taken it's toll and I was feeling pretty rough again.

Today has been quiet and unproductive, done little more than finish DS9 season 2 and start season 3. Still feeling fairly crappy but should be OK for work tomorrow, although not perhaps for the gym as I had hoped since there isn't any D&D.

Was thinking back to the days of analogue satellite TV in the very early 90s, when we had Sky but also a load of German channels including RTL. Two shows really stick out in my mind. Bitte Lachen which was basically You've Been Framed, and Tutti Frutti. That was a weird game show that involved lots of scantily dressed women who got their tits out for no apparent reason at certain points and two contestants that had to strip at the end if they lost. I still have no idea what the hell was going on even after reading the Wikipedia article. Very odd indeed.

No comments: