Saturday 3 September 2011

"I'm the Doctor. Who are you?" "Bond. James Bond."

I was woken up at about 4am this morning by a weird dream that ended like a nightmare. It was a curious and interesting combination of Doctor Who, James Bond and Silent Hill. I don't remember much about it but Amy Pond, the Doctor and Bond (in Daniel Craig form) were working together to stop some evil plot by some Silent Hill-esque monstrosites. They looked like corpses wrapped in mouldy blankets, staying perfectly upright under the surface of the sea. I remember they were plotting world domination but not why or how. What woke me up was following Bond into the sea and experiencing the full horror of them. At one point there was a cow-sized sentient toad that used sign language to communicate, but I can't remember if it was evil or not. Fucking weird dream but really, really vivid. It took me ages to get back to sleep after it.

First thing this morning Amy and Huw came up to get apples and damsons. We found there were four trees that I'd forgotten about that were absolutely covered in damsons so we ended up with a ludicrous amount of them. The mutant apple tree also provided the usual bonkers amount of them. We managed to get this done before the rain hit.

After that I stripped down the M15x to install the Bluray drive. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but there were a lot of screws and layers. It's a much more complicated design than normal Dell laptops, but quite a sensible one and very solid. The drive is a sod to get to because it's a slot-loader and is hidden deep inside the chassis. I got it done eventually, and it works fine. Despite only having a lowly Core i3, the machine runs pretty well. I suppose I could pop an i5 or an i7 in there, but not much point really.

I was going to do the colour coat on the bike frame but I realised I hadn't put quite enough black on the rear part of the frame. Fortunately I had enough black left in the can to finish it off but need that to dry now.

After that, didn't really do much. Set up some more stuff on the M15x and watched some more DS9 and the latest Torchwood episode on iPlayer. It's got more interesting now but we'll see...

No comments: