Monday 5 September 2011

Ignoble failure

Work wasn't too bad except for an incredibly frustrating afternoon doing crap. I have come to realise how much more I prefer to work with back-end systems rather than the desktop side. After nearly seven years I'm finding it a bit wearying.

It was my turn to be crap in D&D. I didn't kill anyone and I managed to roll a 20 and get a good look at a door. I saw that it was a good tough door, made of solid oak, nice and thick, with strong iron hinges, etc, and totally failed to notice the poison trap built into the door handle that crippled me for a round. Shortly after that I watched Rob the minotaur dive heroically into a building that was engulfed in flames to rescue some kids and take horrible damage and pain, only for me to realise too late that I was carrying a Robe of Defying Flames. Embarrassing. I was able to magically throw it over him, but even so...

I got my 10 metre DVI cable to hook the M15x up to the screen on the other end of the room, and it works fine. Digital signalling is nice, it either works or it doesn't, and if it works there is no loss of quality. Also the graphics card in the M15x handles iPlayer better so there's no juddering and things that could happen on the old HP. I just need the SPDIF audio adapter and cable and then it's good to go.

Today is the first day in ages I've eaten reasonably well except for some crisps in D&D, and I feel a LOT better for it. Hurrah.

No comments: