Saturday 7 April 2012

Holidays at last

I'm not sure why I didn't update this past week. Not much been going on really. Work was mostly the same, still making tapes come back from the safe. It's been largely successful but there's still a way to go until it's stable again. Badminton on Thursday was good, helped by some rather delicious beef stew made by Rob.

I made curry again, still determined to get it right, and this time I added some creamed coconut towards the end, which made it rather korma like. It was certainly pretty tasty anyway.

Yesterday took the time to head over to my Dad's as I hadn't been for a while. We didn't really do much, just chilled out, but it was nice to see them.

Today was great, headed down to Rob and Em's with everyone to see Jane and Wes and meet 6-week old Xander for the first time. He's a cute baby but the poor little guy was having a bit of a crochety day and some of his cuteness does go away when he's purple and screaming with rage. It was great to see him and Jane and Wes again.

Berlin on Monday with Andy and Maz. I'm a bit worried about the airport since it's Easter but hopefully it won't be too bad if we get there nice and early. It's been a year since I was last there so I'm really looking forward to it.

Still not feeling like playing Mass Effect at all. I was expecting to be well through a replay of ME3 by now, but I just don't feel like it. Bioware have announced an Extended Cut DLC to expand and clarify the ending, but probably not change it from the sound of things. We'll see, I've decided I'm a little concerned at how much of myself I put into the ME series really so distancing myself from it for a while is probably a good thing.

I did however fire up Dragon Age again the other day, but got frustrated when I had to fight my way through a dungeon and it basically went along the lines of spotting some enemies then RARGH DEAD. I tried a few times but it kept doing the RARGH DEAD thing. However this evening I tried it again with a different approach and got past it, only for my character to be double crossed by the queen he was rescuing and arrested. This led to him having to escape from a jail cell in only his underwear. This was after I had explored a huge mansion and walked into a room to find a guard getting a blowjob from a housekeeper. I always thought it was odd how Dragon Age had a fully working brothel, same-sex relationships, the ability to wander round in underpants and even an implied foursome if you play it right, while Mass Effect was downright prudish by comparison.

Oh well. One more day and then it's off to Berlin. Can't wait.

No comments: