Friday 20 April 2012

Weirdness

It's been a fairly curious week really. Work has been a nightmare after the initial good start on Monday. The backup system became more and more truculent and needs more work. I'm not normally one for listening to music in work but I found a spare pair of headphones and have been listening to music to try and help me concentrate. Oddly, goa trance type stuff seems to be working well at the moment, like this or this.

Yesterday was a day out of work to go an event hosted by an external company who provides support to the backup system. Except we don't like them. It was in the Manchester Hilton hotel, in something called Cloud 23, which had awesome views over the city. Also the scariest urinal ever since the toilet had a floor to ceiling window right next to it. The presentation was surprisingly amateurish and not really very promising. However it was interesting meeting the technician I've been dealing with for a year face to face. I'd always imagined him being my age, but he turned out to be rather older and rather mad professorish, which was interesting.

Otherwise I've been watching South Park on DVD and playing Dragon Age. It annoyed me yesterday with a stupid protect someone mission, some guy who decides to accompany you into a haunted orphanage, even though he has damaged eyes and can barely see. Otherwise though I've been quite enjoying it. It's got plenty of varied stuff going on.

The car had the suspension sorted out on Wednesday, which is good.

Eaten like shit this week, the only good thing is that I didn't have any full fat Coke.

No comments: