Monday 16 April 2012

Holy crap, it survived

Went into work to find the backup system had survived me being away. And, even on top of that, some of the issues with it were fixed, amazing. So it was a fairly typical day of tape movement.

Quiet evening today. I was naughty and got an Indian on the way home, partly though because I was curious to see compare their korma to the overly spicy effort I made yesterday. Then gave the dog a bath because he stank for some reason. A wet greyhound is probably one of the more pathetic sights you can see.

Forgot to mention that Rob and I played Saints Row 3 for the first time in a while. After the crushing depression fest that was Mass Effect 3, it was great to dress our characters in ludicrous clothes and go on a massive rampage. It's utterly stupid, but such good fun. I remember while I was in Berlin I had a weird crossover dream where Mass Effect merged with Saints Row to create a sort of open world sci-fi game where Shepard became more cockney (Oi, you fucking Salarian cunt!) with every renegade decision. Weird, but hilarious in retrospect.

Car for sale in work, a 2002 Vectra 2.0 DTi. I liked my old Vectra so I was briefly tempted until I read that model of Vectra has problems with the suspension, which was proven by someone else in work who has a Signum (basically the same) and it has problems all the time. So not the car for me as the track is very punishing.

Reached the point where I need to read Robots and Empire, but I can't find it, argh. Hate it when that happens.

No comments: