Saturday 21 April 2012

Randomness

Went to my Dad's this morning, which was good. Again didn't do much except hang out and chill. We did however scour Ebay and other places for used cars since we are in agreement that no matter how nice the Prelude is, and it is, it is just not suitable for me. It's too thirsty, too low, and you can't get a bike in it. Nothing really came up except a Honda HR-V which would be suitable for the track but probably thirsty as it's a 1.6 litre petrol, or a Civic estate, again thirsty as it's a 1.6. It's frustrating because I'm very impressed with the Prelude build quality but Honda only recently started doing diesels. Oh well.

Also my Dad asked me to be the executor on his will along with my cousin. He was inspired to do this after his sister-in-law died unexpectedly recently, which was something of a shock to everyone. It was a slightly sobering moment really.

This evening it was the badminton club meal which I was invited to although I haven't been for a couple of years. It was Indian, and I had something new, a king prawn bhussi, which was really delicious. I came home a bit early though since I've been a bit tired and under the weather. Although I felt much better once I'd eaten. I know my diet is shit but I think it could be causing me more problems than I realise.

Rob from badminton heard about my car woes and suggested hitting the auctions. Before  I quite realised it, it was all arranged that him, me, Rob and and Steve are going to the auctions on Tuesday evening to take a look. Given that I seem to make dreadful choices in cars when left to my own devices, it'll be good to have more people to advise me. Also, I could take the Prelude there to be sold off.

No comments: