Sunday 29 July 2012

Decent weekend

Thursday was good, with badminton as usual, but for the first time we went to Steve's house for dinner beforehand, which was great. Chicken korma and various treats, always a good thing. The badminton was fairly decent since more than the usual number of people were there.

Friday was a tense day in work, due to an unexpected test of the backup system. I was relieved when it completed the restore with no issues, other than it taking a while due to the volume of data. Glad it worked, although the alternative is too ghastly to contemplate.

Yesterday was a quiet morning, although I did fit the new rear axle to the road bike so it clamps more securely into the trainer. I used the bike stand my Dad got me for the first time, which is epically useful, makes it so easy to get at the whole of the bike. After that it was off to meet up with the guys I used to work with, which as usual involved vast amounts of food and geekery. This time we played the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game, which was good fun, and I was in the team that won astonishingly.

Today headed down to Rob and Em's to get some work done on the laptop they are inheriting from me. We got the OS and apps installed, but ran into a snag when we couldn't get the hard drive out of the old laptop since it required a tiny screwdriver. I'm the one who put it in there so I must have one somewhere, so we'll have to carry on with that. We watched Young Frankenstein and Silent Movie, neither of which I'd seen before, and were really funny.

Also found this rather crazy Korean pop video, which seems completely insane until you realise it's a parody of a certain culture over there. Oddly catchy however.

I picked up Lumines Electronic Symphony for the Vita after I really enjoyed the first Lumines game on the PSP. Really good.

No comments: